Sunday, February 25, 2007

Orientation Week: Last day

On friday we went on a day trip to the Skoda car factory, Cesky Raj, and Devicka Medieval Tavern. I had a GREAT day. The hiking was definitely my favorite part...

Ok well this is kinda random but it is the lobby of the dorm. Pretty sweet.

Part of the Skoda museum. They let us see the assembly line too but we weren't allowed to take pictures. :( It was really cool to see though.

Me with the first Skoda car ever made. As you can see, I am alive and well.

A close up of a retro grill.

And an interesting reflection.

The following pictures are from Cesky Raj, or Czech paradise.

I thought this was an interesting composition.

Some of the beautiful rocks. I have way more pictures than these if you want to see more when I get back.

Some artistic rock stairs.

Lichen growing on one of the rocks. I think it looks like a grassy field almost.

A view of the town below.

Me and some of the ISC boys.

More Nature.

A panoramic view from the top with some of my rock climbing buddies. I could go on a hike every day and never get tired of it.

Medieval Tavern Device. Notice all the skulls in the background.

A typical table.

A medieval torture device. Some of the guys who did this still don't have full feeling back in their fingers. Each person takes turn giving it a twist until someone gives up.

Its funny how everday the city gets a little smaller. Ports once known only via metro are connected by walking. Places known only by walking are connected by tram and so on. Already I am starting to feel like I live here. I think part of it is knowing where you are going, part is your flippancy towards the things around you. I find myself keeping my face relaxed, not smiling at strangers. The other day I saw people coming from the airport and they looked so ridiculous to me with their big smiles for no reason. Its only weird looking in the street. In a club, people smile the night away. Speaking of, last night I went to the best 80's club I have ever seen called Lucerna. The Czechs just go crazy for 80's music, and everybody just dances ridiculously bad. It was so fun!

Also, I did laundry today and it was like learning how to do it all over again. We had to haul it all about 8 blocks to the local Laundry King which sounds much nicer than it actually is. Then, their machines were very strange and I had to have the lady show me how to work them. But I have clean clothes now, so it was worth it.

School starts tomorrow and I don't know any of my classes yet. Oh well. I'm off to watch a movie and go to bed. I'll try to update in a couple of days.

No comments: