Sunday, February 18, 2007

I really need to get better at making up titles...

Ok first things first. If you want to see what I worked on last summer, watch Ronald Lewis on the Ellen Show, Mardi Gras edition on Tuesday, February 20.

Saturday night came quickly and I ended up going out with my Czech buddy Martin and some other Czechs I met in the ISC (International Student Center), as well as some other international students from Spain, France, and Finland. Martin has been REALLY helpful- he picked me up from the airport, helped me get signed in, and pretty much showed us how to do anything and everything we have needed to do.

On Saturday morning I woke up around 10:30 and went to mass in English with my flatmate Katie at the Infant of Prague cathedral. (Thats not exactly what its called, but I can't remember so we'll go with it.) The church was gorgeous but the pews were soooo uncomfortable and the kneelers were worse. Curiously enough, the backs of the pews had heaters on them.

This is a view of the alter area from where I was sitting during mass.
This is a view of the statue of the infant of Prague. I think Gran came to this church at one point because she gave me a book about it.

After mass we went to lunch were I had some alright pesto pasta. It was vegetarian, so that is enough to make me happy! It was actually pretty close to where I had lunch yesterday in a more touristy area. The food is more expensive but they have menus in english so it is convenient.

Once we had finished eating, we went in search of a coat because I was cold. It was a warm day, but the wind and shade made it chilly. I didn't want to wear my coat though because it smelled like smoke from last night, so I thought I might get another one. (One for smoky places, one for not so smoky places.) Unfortunately I didn't find one, but I did get a power adapter (which apparently is something totally different than a converter, but still necessary.) After that we went to Tesco which is the Czech equivalent of a Target but spread over 4 floors. I got some much needed things there like a little mirror, hangers, hair dryer, dishes, etc. And man am I loving the prices here.

My poor roommate (Marina). She is doing an English workbook as we speak. It has got to be hard not knowing English when that is how everyone is communicating who doesn't know Czech. It is kind of a double whammy for her.

So anyways, finally we got home with our stuff and I saw my friend Jeff in the lobby. He told me everyone was getting ready to go out in a few minutes so I decided to go with them. We ended up going to a pizza place around the corner that was pretty good, but was so much food that I had to get a box. So now we are back at the dorms and Malcolm is talking to his friends trying to figure out where we are going out tonight with his other roommate. Orientation week starts tomorrow and I can't wait to see what it will be like. Thats it for now, more later!

Oh P.S. My little 'cashew' bag is working out great. I also love the pop out map that Sarah gave me (my work friend). And, if you want to write me or send something the address is:

Sally Maddock
Masarykova Kolej
Thákurova 1
Prague 6
164 01
Czech Republic

Ok bye!

P.P.S. I got on aim and none of you were online... wah. Lauren- (I know it was better... hahaha)

No comments: