Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Week 16: Departure from Praha

Wow. The last four months have been some of the fastest of my life. Things have wrapped up for me pretty well so far! On Friday my digital camera arrived at Fotoskoda all shiny and new for pickup. I got my last stipend picked up and turned in studio! Woof. All things considered I think it turned out rather well. Here is my final layout.

My professor didn't find the project "dirty" enough for the village... I'm hoping that must be some kind of translating error... but considering I basically whipped this thing out in 48 hours I don't feel too bad about it!





In any case, it was certainly an experience going to school in a different country. Things definitely run a bit differently, particularly in the areas of attendance, punctuality, and sobriety.

So Friday was a lot better of a day than Thursday was. I pretty much passed out from exhaustion in my clothes at 7PM Thursday and woke up at the crack of dawn Friday. I did a little surgery on my computer and got my spacebar in semi-working order again after removing a large chunk of something from its inner workings and finished my studio project. After I turned it in I went for a run, during which I had a spiritual experience of sorts. First off, I had a Rocky moment because I ran the whole loop and all the way up the hill without stopping... first time ever. This hill is massive... it took me a song and a half to get up it, but I made it. Yeah. Then I had to detour off my normal route due to some Harley exhibition going on and ended up running through this field of tall grass where I realized how much I actually enjoy running. Then finally on my way up the stairs I stopped and sat for a minute, not because I was tired, but because I didn't want to leave. And I think thats how I feel about Prague in general. Im just not ready to go.

Friday night was a dangerous combination or beer pong, a power hour, and Nebe... needless to say Saturday was not the most productive day ever, but I did manage do get one last round of laundry done and go see Swan Lake at the National Theater with Carrie and Emily. It was the only theater I hadn't been to yet... check that off my list. :)

Sunday I ventured off to Karlovy Vary to check out the sights, mineral water, and wafer cookies. Its also home to Beckerovka... it was pretty sweet. I got home in time to go dancing with Alena and Ondrej one last time.

Monday was full of goodbyes. Goodbye to Krystina at breakfast, Pavel at the park, Martin at dinner, Slava over a drink, my roommates in the kitchen, and others wherever I happened to run into them first. (some were coming in from a party as I was heading out to my train Tuesday morning lol) But lots of stuff got done that needed to happen. Bags were packed, much was thrown away. Mail forwarding was set up at the post office and my academic record turned in. My friend Scotty is being so kind as to take my laptop back to the states with him, so I don't have to worry about that. Brittany and Jeff are bringing my big roller bag to me in Paris. Currently I am sitting at my hostel in Vienna enjoying the sound of acoustic guitar from the bar. Its time for bed. Today was a fun day. I saw Cesky Krumlov, missed a train, took a wacky double decker bus, played cards with a guy from Tiajuana, apparently became lifelong friends with a Nigerian footballer out of Linz, and had some delish falfel for dinner. All in a days work. Also, some sweet night photos of Vienna were taken. But my internet time is up and its time to sleep!

No comments: